WOOD BORER CONTROL
Is your woodwork showing signs of woodworm infestation? Are there holes in the timber, powder around the holes and odd beetles emerging? Don’t panic as we are available to advise and help you with woodworm treatment in Hyderabad at a moment’s notice!
Woodworm doesn’t only affect older properties and can cause damage to newly constructed properties too, so let us confirm if you think you’ve got an issue.
- Woodworm use internal and external timber as their food source and home.
- The larvae spend around 4 years eating the wood until they evolve into beetles and bite their way through the surface.
- Woodworm create holes which are between 1mm to 1.5mm in diameter in your wooden furniture.
- Woodworms are seasonal pests. They’re most active in period from May to October.
- Woodworms don’t just anything, they have food preferences. The Deathwatch beetle would often munch on oak, chestnut and ash hardwood timbers. These types of infestations often coincide with fungal wood decay.
- Adult Wood boring beetles can be often found in the windows and loft hatches, as they’re attracted to light.